Monday, August 11, 2014

Reversible Tula Cover Tutorial

*safety disclaimer- I am not responsible for any damage or injury caused by doing this!* 

This tutorial is for those who have sewing skills... I don't break things down enough for beginners! If you have questions feel free to ask!  Enjoy 
Cut out your pieces using the pattern or your own pattern
Cut out the pieces for your snaps (or Velcro)
This step can be skipped... serge your pieces
I fudged this step up on my current cover so I'm showing this step from an old one... sew the Velcro\snap section on
Lay the two pieces together (right sides) and sew them together... stopping at the marked area. .. this is left open
I use clear thread to top stitch the pieces that are left open
Make a casing at the bottom for elastic
Insert elastic!

You're done! 


Added: pattern & action shots

You will need to print out 2 each... Cut and tape together... I like the way they fit the Tula but you may like a tighter or looser fit... Experiment and find what you like... 


Here are my action shots 

Don't mind my bathroom shots lol


I really hope you enjoyed this and are sewing up a storm ;) 

Brittni

5 comments:

  1. How do we print the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me how much elastic to use (length)? I'd it one peice? And how is it sewn in? I can't seem to find any tutorials with specifications on it. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should say *is

    ReplyDelete
  4. That should say *is

    ReplyDelete